Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
President's Forum on Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Thursday, April 19, 2012 from 1:30 PM to 7:30 PM (EDT)
1:30pm-2:00pm: Check In & Networking
2:00pm-3:30pm: Main Program
- Welcoming remarks - President Patrick T. Harker
- Featured speaker on innovation - David Pensak, Ph.D., Founder, Vaporiety
- Startup stories - David Simnick, co-founder, TalkChalk; Bryan Tracy, Ph.D., CEO & Lead Scientist, Elcriton; Tracy Shickel, Sanosil
- Featured speaker on entrepreneurship - Jeremy DeFilipis, co-Founder, Jetty
- Ecosystem activities - Ernie Dianastasis, Chairman, First State Innovation; Lee Mikles, President, Start It Up Delaware!
3:30pm-3:55pm: Networking Break (with mid-afternoon snack)
3:55pm-5:30pm: Hen Hatch Startup Funding Competition (Awarding more then $40K in cash & services)
- Student finalist presentations: MobileTech Orthopedics, Xling, & ChimpFlix
- Alumni, faculty, & staff finalist presentations: Endevr, Nfoshare, & HapHunt
5:30pm-7:30pm: Entrepreneurial Exhibition & Award Reception (complimentary hors d'oeurves & cash bar)
- Community startups: USEED, Lorikeet Learning, SMB Enterprises, Power Control Technologies, & Vuier
- Student startups: Voltaic Coatings, eff.Y.bee, VTalking, Simply Julia Totes, I Don’t Give a Fork!, Pedal Express, Garage DIY, and others
- Support and service organizations: Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz; Belfint, Lyons & Shuman; CorpCo; NCCCC Emerging Enterprise Center; Wordl Trade Center Delaware; Technology Forum of Delaware; Junior Achievement of Delaware; OEIP; SBTDC; CEEE, Delaware Bioscience Association; and coIN Loft.
- Awards: Jones DIF Scholarship, Best Startup Idea, CBLH Most Inspirational Business, Audience Choice Award, Hen Hatch Funding Awards.
Thanks to our great sponsors REGISTRATION IS FREE, BUT REQUIRED BECAUSE SEATING IS LIMITED. The event is open to all! The first 25 people who register will receive a special gift on the day of the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where should I park? The Trabant University Center is directly adjacent to the Trabant Center Parking Garage. Enter the garage from Newark's Main Street. The garage entrance is on the left about 100 yards beyond the intersection of South College Avenue & Main Street. Unfortunately, there is a fee for parking, which should be about $10 for the duration of the forum.
What if I can only attend a portion of the event? We would love to host you for the duration of the forum, but understand if you can only attend a portion of the event. To the extent that it is possible, please plan your entrance and exit times to be minimally disruptive.
Should investors attend? More than a dozen startups that are seeking investment will present or exhibit at the forum. We are hopeful that early stage investors will find at least one or two interesting opportunities.
Will food & drinks be provided? We will provide an afternoon snack and refreshments during the networking break. We will also provide fruit, vegetables, and heavy hors d'oerves during the exhibition & award reception. A cash bar will be available during the exhibition & reception.
Why is there no charge for event registration? The University hosts this event to help to build the startup community in and around Delaware. Therefore, we want to encourage all who have an interest in or connection with startups to attend and do not want cost to be a barrier. Since the cost of hosting the event is quite high, we welcome sponsorship and individual contributions (contact Dan Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in sponsoring/contributing).
Other questions? If you have any other questions, please email them to: email@example.com.